Course Start Date: Monday, September 20, 2021 You may register ANYTIME between September 20, 2021 - October 3, 2021. Work must be completed by November 14, 2021.
Course End Date: Sunday, November 14, 2021
Cost: $250.00 This is the total amount and covers all Cornell fees including materials.
Credit: 1 semester hour of Drake Continuing Education & Professional Development Graduate credit.
The registration period has closed for this event.
Registration Deadline: 9/20/2021
Click Here to Register:
Discover how citizen science and student-driven investigations meet Next Generation Science Standards and support student learning.
*Readability of this course is geared toward 4-8 grades.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
• Explain the benefits of teaching with citizen science and inquiry;
• Identify the science practices developed through citizen science and inquiry;
• Describe the complexity of the science process;
• Support students in developing their own investigations;
• Create an implementation plan for using citizen science and science investigations with students.
If it is necessary to withdraw from this course before the start date, a $50 non-refundable processing fee will be assessed. No refunds will be given after the start date. To request withdrawal or a refund please send a written request to email@example.com.