Automotive Orientation Day, Wednesday, March 8, 2023
Automotive Orientation Day (AOD) is held every Spring and is hosted by the Automotive Technology Department. Automotive business professionals from all over the United States come to interact with automotive majors during formal sessions in the morning and informal sessions in the afternoon.
- The morning session consists of industry representatives participating in a panel session discussions that allow students to ask questions and receive answers. Only the first 35 companies registered will get a spot in one of the 5 morning panel sessions.
- The afternoon session consists of industry booths creating a mini career fair in our main automotive technology shop. Only the first 40 companies registered will get a table located in our main automotive shop. The remaining companies registered after the main automotive shop is full will be placed in our overflow area in the hallway leading to our automotive shops.
Automotive Orientation Day is held in the Kansas Technology Center from 8:00am to 2:30 pm. AOD is a great opportunity to visit with PSU automotive faculty, PSU automotive alumni, and other automotive industry recruiters.
Schedule for the day:
- 7-8am Arrival and Set up
- 8:15am Welcome Session
- 8:30am Introductions and Schedule Review
- 9am Break
- 9:15 Panel Session 1
- 10:15 Break
- 10:30 Panel Session 2
- 11:30-12:30 Business and industry lunch E101
- 12:30-2:30 Afternoon career fair in N114 automotive lab
- 2:30pm Conclusion and break down
There is a recommended REGISTRATION SPONSORSHIP FEE for this event of $250 per company to offset the cost of the event and to support our programs. After you 'submit' your registration, you will be re-directed to the secure online payment portal, which accepts Master Card, Discover, or Visa. After the payment is complete, a registration confirmation email will be sent only to the 'Group Contact'.