In this seminar participants will gain understanding of the relationship between challenging behavior and social emotional development. We will examine our attitudes about challenging behavior and strategies for building positive relationships. The impact of positive relationships on challenging behavior is highlighted.
Part 1: Thursday, September 15 - Understanding Challenging Behavior: Building Positive Relationships
In this seminar we will examine our attitudes about challenging behavior and strategies for building positive relationships
Part 2: RESCHEDULED TO Thursday, October 6
Thursday, September 22 (cancelled date) - Environmental Impacts on Challenging Behavior
This seminar focuses on how to best set up your classroom environment to have the greatest positive impact on challenging behaviors.
Part 3: Thursday, September 29 - Daily Activities, Rules and Positive Attention Effects on Challenging Behavior
This seminar examines planning of activities that promote engagement in both large and small groups and their impact on challenging behavior.
Core Competency Areas
1. Child Growth and Development (1.75 Hours)
2. Family and Community Relationships (.25 Hour)
3. Observation and Assessment (.25 Hour)
4. Environment and Curriculum (.25 Hour)
OCFS Training Topics
(1) Principles of Childhood Development (1.75 Hour)
(3) Child day care program development (.25 Hour)
(4) Safety and security procedures (.25 Hour)
(5) Business record maintenance and management (.25 Hour)