This is a 2 week online workshop and requires approximately 10 hours/week of work to complete. It is conducted online via Quality Matters.
QM's flagship workshop on the QM Rubric and its use in reviewing the design of online and blended courses is intended for a broad audience, including but not limited to faculty, instructional designers, administrators, and adjunct instructors. It is particularly helpful to those new to QM or those considering the adoption of a quality assurance process for online and blended learning.
In addition to learning about the QM Rubric and the course review process, participants will learn to apply the concept of alignment and draft helpful recommendations for course improvement.
After completing this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the foundational concepts of Quality Matters.
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components.
- Apply the QM Rubric to review online courses.
- Make decisions on whether the demo course meets selected QM Rubric Standards.
- Apply the concept of alignment.
- Draft helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The college pays $200 per member for this training so it is very important that you successfully complete the training. So be sure of the dates you choose for your session. You can choose a primary and secondary date. You will usually be enrolled in your primary choice. The secondary date choice will be used if for some reason your primary choice becomes unavailable. If you are unable to complete the QM Rubric training and need to be reenrolled, the additional $200 will come out of the faculty member's $900 stipend.