Accredited paramedic program through St. Anthony PreHospital Services. Graduates are eligible to apply for certification with the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians and the State of Colorado.
Minimum class size: 12 students
BIO 106 (Anatomy & Physiology) is offered as a co-requisite.
This is to submit your application for Paramedic Cycle 113 - January 2023 at the Lakewood Campus .
Your application is NOT a guarantee of acceptance into the program.
In order to be considered for the Paramedic Academy, documentation of the following MUST be submitted as part of a completed application packet:
1. Current Colorado EMT, Advanced EMT or EMT-Intermediate certification
Please be aware - National Registry alone does NOT qualify
2. Current Healthcare Provider - CPR Certification
3. High school diploma, GED, unofficial college transcript or college diploma.
4. Documentation of reading at the college level - may be any of the following:
SAT Reading/EBRW score: 540 or higher
ACT Reading score: 19 or higher
COMPASS Reading score: 80 or higher
5. IV Approval course completion certification (if applicant is an EMT) You must have certification before applying - it cannot be in progress.
6. Essay question answers
7. Minimum of two recommendation letters, examples include but are not limited to listed in order of importance:
Primary Agency Physician Advisor
Primary EMS Agency
Professional letters of reference (EMS work related
Current Employer (non-EMS
Personal letters of reference
All letters must be original, preferably on letterhead, signed, and uploaded to the supporting documentation email address provided at the time of application.
Note: Anatomy & Physiology (BIO 201 & 202) is not a requirement for admission to the program.
Anatomy & Physiology (BIO 106) is included in the program tuition for those students needing to take it.
Applicants with complete application packets will be notified to schedule the entrance exam.
Please note: Applicants with incomplete application packets by the application deadline will be removed from consideration.
Applicants accepted into the Program will be required to make a seat-fee payment of $500 by the given deadline to confirm their attendance or their seat will be offered to someone on the waiting list.
If you have questions please contact Tracy Collins, Paramedic Program Director:
Applications accepted through 9/12/2022 12:00 PM or until application capacity is reached.
St. Anthony PreHospital Services - Lakewood
34 Van Gordon St.
Lakewood, CO 80228
Click here for directions