Monday, January 16, 2023 - Tuesday, January 17, 2023 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Registration open through 1/9/2023 EST
***PLEASE BE ADVISED, IF WE DO NOT MEET THE NEEDED ENROLLMENT OF AT LEAST 4 STUDENTS, WE WILL NEED TO CANCEL THE CLASS. IN THE EVENT THIS HAPPENS, YOUR ENROLLMENT FEES WILL BE REFUNDED. PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT WHEN MAKING ACCOMMODATIONS.
Using ABL ProDataSets (2 Days)
This course is intended for application developers who want to incorporate modern, efficient data-handling in their applications. Students should have experience working with Advanced Business Language (ABL). This course guides students through the design and development of applications using ABL datasets (ProDataSets).
In this course, the student will learn how to identify when and where to use datasets and then practice incorporating datasets into applications during hands-on exercises using Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge. The course emphasizes defining, populating, and performing data operations using datasets and sharing data with other applications. The course includes an overview how datasets are used in a distributed architecture, how to control the behavior of datasets, and how to read and/or write datasets as JSON data.
• Explain what a dataset is.
• Write ABL code to:
- Define datasets.
- Populate a dataset in server-side code running in a PASOE instance.
- Modify data in a dataset in client-side code.
- Apply changes to a dataset to the database in the server-side code running in a PASOE instance.
- Detect and handle dataset events.
- Detect and handle dataset errors.
- Read and write dataset data as JSON.
• Run internal and external procedures
• Retrieve data from the database using queries
• Define and populate temp-tables
• Pass parameters to and from procedures
• Use table buffers
• Use object handles, attributes, and methods
• Handle errors
• Use Progress Developer Studio for OpenEdge to create projects, procedures, and edit ABL code.
• Run server-side code in a PASOE instance
Registration is $1,500.00
This course is being held remotely.
Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) is a global leader in application development, empowering the digital transformation organizations need to create and sustain engaging user experiences in today's evolving marketplace. With offerings spanning web, mobile and data for on-premises and cloud environments, Progress powers startups and industry titans worldwide, promoting success one customer at a time. Learn about Progress at www.progress.com or 1-781-280-4000.