Tuesday, December 6, 2022 - Thursday, December 8, 2022 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Registration open through 11/29/2022 EST
***PLEASE BE ADVISED, IF WE DO NOT MEET THE NEEDED ENROLLMENT OF AT LEAST 4 STUDENTS, WE WILL NEED TO CANCEL THE CLASS. IN THE EVENT THIS HAPPENS, YOUR ENROLLMENT FEES WILL BE REFUNDED. PLEASE TAKE THIS INTO ACCOUNT WHEN MAKING ACCOMMODATIONS.
Advanced Business Language Essentials (3 Days)
This course is designed for developers who are new to Progress and Open Edge need to learn the features and the basic data management concepts in the ABL. Knowledge of the ABL is required by
developers writing applications using any of the user interfaces: GUI, Character, WebSpeed, WebClient, etc. This is a foundation course that serves as a prerequisite to several other courses in the curriculum
- ABL Development Tools, Admin Tool, Data Dictionary, Code Editing
- Data Access model and coding techniques for accessing data
- Create, Update, Delete of Database records
- Developing Programming Logic
- Conditional Processing
- String, Date, and Decimal Manipulations
- Managing Applications Transactions
- Record Scoping
- Error Handling
- Managing Concurrency
- Record Lock
- Coding Techniques for Promoting Code Reusability
- Internal Procedures
- User Defined Functions
There are no prerequisite courses in the Progress/OpenEdge curriculum; this is the first course students should take. However, you should have some programming experience in another language and should already be able to:
- List the three types of inter-table relationships possible in a relational database.
- Identify and apply the structured programming constructs of:
- Conditional branching
- Modularity (e.g., subroutine or function)
Registration is $2,250.00
This course is being held remotely.
Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) is a global leader in application development, empowering the digital transformation organizations need to create and sustain engaging user experiences in today's evolving marketplace. With offerings spanning web, mobile and data for on-premises and cloud environments, Progress powers startups and industry titans worldwide, promoting success one customer at a time. Learn about Progress at www.progress.com or 1-781-280-4000.