Army Engineer Association is seeking candidates for Executive Director
Initial Application Download Job Description
Job Description: Executive Director, Army Engineer Association. The talent Search committee on the Board of Directors will contact you.
Job Summary: Serves as the Executive Director for the Army Engineer Association (AEA,) a not-for-profit professional association that serves the Army Engineer Regiment and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. The Executive Director is the principal salaried leader of AEA responsible for the effective operation and management of AEA activities mainly at Fort Leonard Wood but also those supporting U.S. Army Corps of Engineer Offices and Army Engineer Units wherever stationed. Position does not require living at / near Fort Leonard Wood but is preferred. The position will demand travel to Fort Leonard Wood quarterly and to HQs USACE and other activities as deemed necessary by the AEA Board of Directors.
Reports to: President of the Army Engineer Association and the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Directly supervises staff of 4-6 located at the AEA HQs at Fort Leonard Wood, MO and other remote staff personnel as needed.
- Coordinates and provides guidance to the AEA Chapters at Army Engineer unit locations.
- Supervises the development, publication, and distribution of Army Engineer Magazine; directly supervise the Editor-In-Chief (currently a remote employee.)
- Oversees employees of the Regimental Store, both physical and online, to ensure it meets the demands of the Regiment and remains a profitable funding source for AEA activities.
- In accordance with the AEA Charter, supervises staffs and conducts business operations aligned with the goals and objectives set by the President and Board of Directors.
- Oversees office administration, budget planning and execution, membership activities, contract management, and information technologies in support of AEA operations.
- Conceptualize and execute AEA fundraising, membership drives, and establishment of local Chapters in conjunction with appointed members of the AEA Board of Directors as directed by the AEA President.
- Ensures the association remains audit compliant not-for-profit finance regulations and tax laws.
- Builds and sustains support of Supporting Firm members within industry, particularly those aligned to Corps of Engineers business.
- Establishes relationships with Army Engineer HRC leadership to gain support to in using AEA to disseminate professional and career information to the Regiment.
- Oversees the planning and execution of AEA sponsored events principally at Fort Leonard Wood in support of Engineer Regimental week and in Washington DC in support of the Chief of Engineers engagement with industry.
- Reports key business operations metrics to the Board of Directors, Committees, and President of AEA. Plans, schedules, and organizes semi-annual Board of Directors meetings.
- Represents AEA at appropriate professional conferences, seminars, and unit events.
- Maintains liaison with the Army Engineer Commandant and Army Chief of Engineers to ensure alignment of AEA activities.
- Executes other duties as approved by the AEA President.
Required Skills / Abilities / Attributes:
- Has a passion for serving the Army Engineer Regiment and profession of Army Engineers.
- Visionary who is able to inspire and manage change with little direct oversight.
- Superior understanding of the U.S. Army, the Corps of Engineers, and a working knowledge of processes used to organize, train, equip, man, engineer units, and develop engineer leaders.
- Experience in organizational management, budgeting and financial administration, contract oversight, information technology services, and military command/staff procedures.
- Highly effective communicator who is comfortable talking with and writing to senior leaders and public speaking to large groups.
Education and Experience:
- Active member of Army Engineer Association and participated in association events.
- Experience working with other professional associations and non-for-profit organizations.
- Living in/around Fort Leonard Wood is not required; must be able to actively travel to visit AEA HQs, USACE HQs, Engineer Units, and Industry Partners.
Compensation Range: $80-100K depending on strength of experience.