The WIDA Early Years is required professional learning for licensed preschool administrators, preschool teachers, and long-term substitutes. It is also required for instructional coaches.
For preschool administrators, it must be completed within the first year of hire. For preschool teachers and long-term substitutes, it must be completed by April.
WIDA Early Years will now be accessed on Canvas and covers about 5 hours of online content. You must earn 5 hours total for the following:
• Dual Language Learners and their Families - 1 hour
• Dual Language Learners with Disabilities - 1 hour
• Making Connections- 1 hour
• Exploring WIDA Early Years Essential Actions- 1 hour
• Scaffolding Language Learning - 1 hour
Upon registering, you will receive a letter with instructions on how to access the training.
FOR ADMINISTRATORS ONLY: You are welcome to take 'Are We Ready?' for an optional 1 hour of instruction in addition to the 5 required above.