The WIDA Early Years is a FOCUS requirement for NM PreK, Title I, Special Education teachers, EA's Instructional Coaches, and long term substitutes. It must be completed within 2 years of hire, and within 1 year of hire for returning teachers and EA's.
WIDA Early Years cover about 5 hours of online content. You must earn 5 hours total for the following:
• Dual Language Learners and their Families - One Hour of Instruction
• Promising Practices - One Hour of Instruction
• Dual Language Learners with Disabilities - One Hour of Instruction
• Scaffolding Language Learning - One Hour of Instruction
• E-ELD Standards Framework - One Hour of Instruction
Upon registering, you will receive a letter with instructions on how to access the training.