If you have already completed this training on Mr. Owl, we are not asking you to complete this again. We simply noticed you did not register here first, and wanted to make sure we issued your certificate through Learning Stream. Congratulations!
If you have not yet completed this training, register here. You will take your actual training through the Mr. Owl platform. Upon registering, you will receive a confirmation letter with instructions on how to access the training through the Mr. Owl platform.
If you have not taken the WIDA Early Years training, please follow these instructions.
The WIDA Early Years is a FOCUS requirement for NM PreK, Title I, Special Education teachers, EA's and long term substitutes. It must be completed within 2 years of hire, and within 1 year of hire for returning teachers and EA's.
WIDA Early Years cover about 5 hours of online content. You must earn 5 hours total for the following:
• Dual Language Learners and their Families - One Hour of Instruction
• Promising Practices - One Hour of Instruction
• Dual Language Learners with Disabilities - One Hour of Instruction
• Scaffolding Language Learning - One Hour of Instruction
• E-ELD Standards Framework - One Hour of Instruction
It is also a requirement for Instructional Coaches and Administrators.
Upon registering, you will receive a letter with instructions on how to access the training.