The ECTA Center and DaSy Center developed an online learning module that provides key information about the COS process, and the practices that contribute to consistent and meaningful COS decision-making. You will receive 8 hours of Continued Professional Learning upon completion of all 8 modules and the attendance tracker which will be shared with you at the end of the series.
This course is open all year. You may start at any time. Over the course of 8 sessions, participants learn about:
- Why child outcomes data are collected;
- Key features of the COS process;
- Essential knowledge needed to complete the COS process;
- How the three child outcomes are measured through the process;
- How to identify accurate COS ratings using a team-based process;
- Comparing children’s current functional performance to age-expected functioning;
- When and how to measure progress in the three child outcome areas; and
- How to document ratings and evidence to support those ratings in COS documentation.
Register today for access to the modules, which will be provided for you in the confirmation letter you will receive. You must have a Canvas Catalog account to access this professional learning. If you do not have an account established, please contact your district administrator or firstname.lastname@example.org and they will set one up for you.