Electronics For Telecommunications (TKTII)
Stanly Community College
Registration open through 5/23/2023 11:59 PM
How to pay for this course, see FINACIALS below.
TKT Prep Course- This course introduces DC and AC electricity with an emphasis on circuit analysis, measurements, and operation of test equipment. Topics include DC and AC principles, circuit analysis laws and theorems, components, test equipment operation, circuit simulation, and other related topics. Upon completion, students should be able to interpret circuit schematics; design, construct, verify, and analyze DC/AC circuits; and properly use test equipment. ere
Cost is $600
CWA AT&T District 9 - This course is approved for CWA District 9 AT&T HORIZONS program. Please use the information on this page to complete the HORIZONS application. The HORIZONS application can be obtained by contacting the Horizons Help Line Help Line: (800) 901-6135
CWA District 3 - Please apply for this course trough PARTNERSHIP
CWA District 4 - Special program funding for this course is available.You may register for this course NOW
CWA District 6 - There is no funding for this course at this time for D6 members.
CWA T&T (Legacy T) - Special program funding for this course is available. Please register NOW.
Verizon - Utilize FutureLink benefits to pay for this course
For other telecom employers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for special funding availability.
Stanly Community College Instructor TBD
You'll gain a workable understanding of the following concepts associated with electronics and telecommunications:
• Alternating Current (AC) and Direct Current (DC) Signal Noise and Distortion
• Basic Electrical Circuits, including open/closed, shorts, grounds, wiring, etc.
• Potential Differences, Batteries, Float Voltage, Grounding, & Conductance
• Basic Electrical Transmission and Waveforms Electrical Safety Practices
• Electrical Conductors Basic and Intermediate Computer Functions, including using: Start Menu, Task Bar, Accessories/System Tools, My Computer, Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Neighborhood/My Network Places, windows, saving files, etc.
• Electrical Flow, Power, Resistance, and Current Basic Computer Software functions
• Electrostatic Discharge Digital Transmission, including advantages and disadvantages, Digital/Analog Conversion, Bit Frame, Bit Stream, T-carriers – hierarchy, overhead, framing, and data rates
• Electrical Fuses Units of Measurement, including Binary System
• Identify and use various electrical units such as Voltage, Current, Resistance, and Power
• Read and interpret technical instructions, schematic diagrams, flowcharts, etc. • Impedance Basic Math (Addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division), positive and negative numbers
Reliable internet access, webcam, email, calculator
CWA/NETT has partnered with Stanly CC for more than 20 years to to provide among best and most affordable training available. For example, our custom TKT course yields a 98% passing rate. This is an example of the dedication to the instructors selected to work with CWA members in this program.
Stanly Community College has been meeting the needs of our Country's workforce for 40-years. Our Curriculum Division leads the way with more than 27-programs of study in health, business, engineering, computers, public service and college transfer.
The Continuing Education Division serves our local community in the areas of basic skills, adult high school, professional and business/industry certifications, health care, computer training, protective services, and much more!
Stanly Community College has a strong reputation as an institution where student learning and success are given top priority. Our instructors offer quality-learning experiences in an online environment that is collaborative and supportive. Here at SCC, you are not just a number on a registration formwe treat you as an individual and seek to meet your individualized needs.
Live On-line ZOOM
This is an instructor led course using LIVE lectures to deliver the content in a synchronous method at a specific time and date.
Basic math and familiarity with email and the internet. You will be using Zoom webconferencing for this class.