UAV Certification Course (DRONE)
Stanly Community College
This is an eight week course that covers the techniques and best practices required to safely and successfully utilize drones for inspection purposes. THE PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS COURSE IS TO PREPARE TO PASS THE FAA PART 107 UAV CERTIFICATION EXAM. Every aspect of operations is covered, from equipment, preflight planning and legal compliance to operational procedures, flight training, and data collection.
We will work through the entire mission cycle, starting with legal compliance, planning, and then pre and post flight operations. The Vale UAS Operator Certification is an industry standard and “must-have” for anyone in the industry who is planning to use a drone for photography and inspection work on site. THE PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS COURSE IS TO PREPARE TO PASS THE FAA PART 107 UAV CERTIFICATION EXAM.
1. CWA District 9, This course is HORIZONS approved, please utilize your negotiated benefits for this course. Please REGISTER now and use this page information to apply to HORIZONS. Contact your local to Horizons to locate the application form. Horizons Help Line Help Line: (800) 901-6135
2. If you are from CWA District 4,7,T&T or NABET. You may register using the REGISTER button on this page so see if you may participate at no cost.
In order to fly your drone under the FAA's Small UAS Rule (Part 107), you must obtain a Remote Pilot Certificate from the FAA. This certificate demonstrates that you understand the regulations, operating requirements, and procedures for safely flying drones. Under this special program with CWA, your exam fee is reimbursed by CWA. Please request the form from your instructor.
Exam must be taken within 60 days from the end of the course.
1. Register for the course.
2. If District 9, you will apply for funding, once approved, send your voucher to the college contact above, and then they will advise you on how to move forward.
2. If D4,D7,T&T or NABET, Once CWA staff validates your CWA membership in good standing, you will receive instruction on how to move forward. Please share this opportunity with other members.
3. Enroll in the college
3. Participate in the course
4. Prepare for the Certification Exam
5. Take exam
6. Apply for reimbursement for the exam. (Pass or Not)
Reliable internet access, webcam, & email
Registration open through 1/16/2023 11:59 PM
Stanly Community College has been meeting the needs of our Country's workforce for 40-years. Our Curriculum Division leads the way with more than 27-programs of study in health, business, engineering, computers, public service and college transfer.
The Continuing Education Division serves our local community in the areas of basic skills, adult high school, professional and business/industry certifications, health care, computer training, protective services, and much more!
Stanly Community College has a strong reputation as an institution where student learning and success are given top priority. Our instructors offer quality-learning experiences in an online environment that is collaborative and supportive. Here at SCC, you are not just a number on a registration formwe treat you as an individual and seek to meet your individualized needs.
This is an instructor led course with all of the content being delivered asynchronously. This means all of the content is delivered via online using video lectures to view at your own time.
Basic math and familiarity with email and the internet.