This course is the third class in a recommended series designed to prepare you for birth and caring for a newborn. This class is taught by a childbirth educator and filled with essential information to help prepare you for breastfeeding.
- Breast anatomy and physiology.
- Breastfeeding basics, positions, latching, etc.
- Recognizing hunger cues and feeding patterns.
- Solving common breastfeeding problems, and when to call for help.
- Storage, pumps, and support items.
- Dad's/partner's role; fathers/partners are encouraged to attend.
- What to expect from the breastfeeding baby.
- Benefits of breastfeeding.
We recommend you register for the following classes in this order:
- Class 1: Understanding Birth
- Class 2: Understanding Your Newborn
- Class 3: Breastfeeding Basics
- Class 4: Labor Coping Skills
Tina Nold, Perinatal Educator
Click here for all other classes brought to you by the Overlake Childbirth Center including:
- Healthy Pregnancy, Healthy Baby
- Yoga for Pregnancy
- Understanding Birth
- Understanding Your Newborn
- Labor Coping Skills
- Pelvic Floor Wellness
- Childbirth Center Tour
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.