Virtual Comprehensive Outreach Education Certificate (COEC)
The Comprehensive Outreach Education Certificate Program is a two-part hybrid training program that introduces Community Health Workers to a way of understanding health problems from a public health perspective. A Community Health Worker is a public health professional who promotes full and equal access to necessary health and social services by applying his or her unique understanding of the experiences, language, and culture of the communities he or she serves.
The COEC training encourages attendees to become proficient on a variety of health issues affecting diverse communities. The training emphasizes three skills needed to do effective outreach: interventions such as conducting educational sessions at community sites and to various cultural groups; proficiency in providing information and referrals on a range of health topics; and shaping health messages using each community’s language and cultural traditions.
ALL Core Trainings + 6 Health Modules = 1 Comprehensive Outreach Education Certificate
- All trainings will be held via Zoom.
- Enrollment is available for public health professionals who are employed by community health centers, hospitals or community based organizations doing some form of outreach education.
- No training replacements will be accepted. Participants must attend the full length of the training session. Participants and their employers will be held to CHEC’s training policies.
- CHEC’s Policy Agreement must be read and acknowledged by both attendee and supervisor to complete the registration process.
- Commitment to attend training and complete all required training assignments is expected.
- Registration confirmation is valid only when attendee has received direct communication from a CHEC staff member verifying expectations have been met.
- To complete the COEC program and receive a certificate, one must attend all CORE sessions, in addition to a choice of six health modules within three (3) consecutive cycles.
This cycle, we will not offer Health Modules. They will be included in Spring 2021. More information on dates and registration process will be shared at a later date.
All registrants must read the Course Catalogue and Policy Agreement prior to registering for a training.