Virtual Comprehensive Outreach Education Certificate (COEC)
The Comprehensive Outreach Education Certificate is a two-part training program that introduces Community Health Workers (CHWs) and other frontline health workers to a way of understanding health from a public health perspective. The training encourages participants to become proficient in a variety of health issues affecting diverse communities. The trainings emphasize three skills needed to do effective outreach: interventions such as conducting educational sessions at community sites and to various cultural groups; proficiency in providing information and referrals on a range of health topics; and shaping health messages to meet cultural and linguistic needs of target populations.
ALL Core Trainings + 6 Health Modules = 1 Comprehensive Outreach Education Certificate
- All trainings will be held via Zoom.
- Enrollment is open to CHWs and public health professionals who are employed by community health centers, hospitals or community based organizations doing some form of outreach education.
- No training replacements will be accepted. Participants must attend the full length of the training session. Participants and their employers will be held to CHEC’s training policies.
- CHEC’s Policy Agreement must be read and acknowledged by both attendee and supervisor to complete the registration process.
- Commitment to attend training and complete all required training assignments is expected.
- Registration confirmation is valid only when attendee has received direct communication from a CHEC staff member verifying expectations have been met.
- To complete the COEC program and receive a certificate, one must attend all CORE sessions, in addition to a choice of six health modules within three (3) consecutive cycles.
Registration for Health Modules coming soon! CHEC will notify you once registration is open.
All registrants must read the Course Catalogue and Policy Agreement prior to registering for a training.