2022 TECTA Calendar
TECTA Orientation serves as the first step in your partnership with TECTA for professional development support. In the 30-hour free training hosted through our eight TECTA sites at public colleges and universities across the state, you will learn the core professional competencies for child care in several specialized categories related to the age group you service, your service location, or your professional role. TECTA Orientations are designed to meet the training needs for Center-Based programs, Infant/Toddler programs, School-Age programs, Administrators, and Family Child Care programs.
- Administrator Orientation: is designed to meet the needs of owners, directors, assistant directors, program coordinators, and other administrative staff.
- Infant/Toddler Orientation: is specifically designed for early childhood professionals working with children ages six weeks to thirty-six months.
- Center-Based Orientation: is designed for early childhood professionals working with children ages three to five years old.
- School-Age Orientation: is designed for early childhood professionals working with children ages five to twelve years old in childcare centers and before/after school programs.
- Family Child Care Orientation: is designed for early childhood professionals working with children in a Family or Group Home environment.
- ACES Orientation ( Building Strong Brains) - Designed for early childhood professionals who have previously completed a TECTA orientation and /or successfully completed 2+hours academic coursework. In this advanced orientation you will learn about Adverse Childhood Experiences and how it relates to brain development, toxic stress, and physical/mental health.
- Literacy30: Books and Beyond Online Workshop- Self-Guided - This course is hosted by TECTA at Chattanooga State Community College.
Who Is Eligible?
All Tennessee residents who are employed in a licensed family or group home, or licensed childcare center in Tennessee are eligible to participate. (You must work in the state of Tennessee.)