Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Classes
- All Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Classes are listed here. Please read the course titles carefully as both INITIAL and RENEWAL classes are on the calendar.
- You may only register for one offering. Employees registering for multiple ACLS classes to try to keep their attendance options open will be dropped from all courses as this creates fewer options for other registrants.
- If you would like to purchase a copy of your own ACLS book, click here.
- If you need a copy of your ACLS eCard re-sent to you, click here.
- The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
- Surgical masks, gloves, and goggles are required for class. You have an option to bring your own PPE or they will be provided for you at the start of class.
Starting July 1, 2020, the American Heart Association will no longer offer extensions for your Provider AHA Card. You have the entire month to renew your certification. For example, if your AHA provider card expires in March, you have till March 31st to renew and remain compliant. It is best practice to schedule your class a couple months in advance to secure your registration and ensure compliance.
The ACLS and PALS courses are live courses and you can register through the website.
You can still go to Nebraska Methodist College to pick up your ACLS book one week before your class to use it for your pre-test and the written test during your class. This is available Monday-Friday, 7am to 6:00 pm. You will be assigned a book and your name will be removed from the list when you return the book to the instructor after your ACLS class at Women's MOB. We have a limited stock, so you can only check out a book up to one week before your class.
If you work at Jennie Ed, Fremont, or Women's, you will go through those facilities for the book. The classroom will also have a book for you to use for the written test if you choose not to pick up the book in advance.
Thank you for your compliance with our policy and help in keeping others safe.
This course is at no charge for current NMHS employees and NMC students. If you have additional questions, you can email PD@methodistcollege.edu.