January 2 - April 16, 2021
Please select the course you would like to register for by clicking on the title. When you register for the first time, you will need to create a username and password. You can use these credentials next time you enroll and/or when you are ready to submit your coursework for grading. Please retain these for your records.
PLEASE NOTE: Your study guide and answer pages are now provided electronically. All you need to do is download them from our website. After registering for your course(s), you will be sent a confirmation E-mail from LearningStream. This e-mail will provide you with information regarding this simple download process. Please make sure to look for this E-mail. We will ship all additional course materials within the next 10 days. Once you receive them, please validate that you are not missing anything. Be sure you read the course information document for important instructions specific to submitting your coursework.
Technology requirements: A Personal computer or laptop (coursework is not compatible with mobile devices such as tablets or cell phones), Microsoft Word, a DVD player, and a personal e-mail address (school e-mail addresses are not recommended due to issues with school district firewalls).
EDMA 171 - Theory of Coaching
EDMA 172 - Ethics in Sports
EDMA 173 - The Teaching Coach
EDMA 174 - Adapted Physical Education
EDMA 175 - Parent Athlete Coach Alliance
EDMA 176 - Step Up and Lead
EDMA 177 - Team Building for Success
EDMA 272 - Relevant Elementary Physical Education
EDMA 277 - Real Coaching II: Honing the Competitive Edge
EDMA 278 - Rev-Up the Revolution: Your Middle School Physical Education Game Plan
- REGISTRATION LIMIT: You may enroll in a maximum of 12 graduate credit hours in one semester through Continuing Education & Professional Development.
- CREDIT INFORMATION: Students seeking to use Real Coaching Courses for re-certification or salary advancement should seek prior approval from their school district or appropriate licensing agency.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: We allow 30 days after enrollment for you to cancel your course and request a refund. A $50.00 non-refundable processing fee will be assessed per registrant.
1. An email request for cancellation needs to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. All your course materials (DVDs and Textbook, if applicable) must be returned to:
Drake Distance Learning Fulfillment
2730 Graham St
Ames, IA 50010
- NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: The principles of equal access and equal opportunity require that all interactions within the University be free from invidious discrimination. Drake University therefore prohibits discrimination based upon race, color, national origin, creed, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or veteran status. Violations of the Non-discrimination Policy may be reported to the Director, Human Resources, Drake University, 2507 University Ave., Des Moines, IA 50311.
- ATTENTION PENNSYLVANIA STUDENTS: You must hold a Health or Physical Education Level 1 or 2 certificate in order for this course to satisfy ACT 48 requirements.
Drake University Continuing Education & Professional Development
Collier-Scripps Hall • 2507 University Avenue • Des Moines, IA 50311